Thursday, July 7, 2011

Naked People Have Little Or No Influence On Society.

However, a woman evoking illusions of delicate bareness in lace is a force to be reckoned with and admired. From its early life in the hands of Venetian masters to its command of current couture, lace continues to not merely be an ephemeral trend but a fabric deep in the folds of fashion.

Designers still hold the "lace embrace" close to their hearts as witnessed on the 2011 runways:

Left is Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 RTW, Right is Erdem Spring 2011 RTW 


Runway inspired pieces of everything from lace dresses to lace shoes are available in a variety of stores. From the low price range, I recommend trendy Forever 21 and H&M. For moderate prices, Topshop and Zara (Zara has a sale now! go go!!) offer intricate and beautiful selections. If you are a high roller (I'm jealous), See by Chloe and Anthropologie are worth the money for design and quality. If you are totally loaded, then that money is seriously better off aiding victims of earthquakes or feeding starving children.

Here are two shirts that I want need! :D

Urban Outfitters Pins and Needle Bow-Back Lace Top
ModCloth Peek from the Peak Top

Today, I added some spun sugar a.k.a. lace to my outfit with a simple Forever 21 shirt. I think this is what the term "cute and casual" means! I thought it would be a little extravagant to wear a lace dress to work, so I stuck with this equally happy face worthy :) but more appropriate attire.

Whew! Work is over! I took these pictures over at the high school opposite my workplace ^ ^ It's not trespassing! We're outside the fence!

A close-up of my shirt...I also included the link in my clothes note if you are interested in a purchase! It's kinda pretty, right? :D
Should I hop over the fence? I was never a delinquent as a teenager...now might be my last chance! :o
Enjoy this graceful scene because you will see what happened to that flower later...
When paired with denim, this shirt can be casual and fun. Instead of wearing a bunch of graphic tees all the time, try a lovely lace top :) This shirt can also look dressy when worn with skirts or over a slip dress! The best part is that this top was only $8.80 (compared to the $49 Urban top and the $46.60 ModCloth top). With affordable options from Forever 21, Topshop, Zara, and your local vintage shop, there is no excuse for letting this staple style slip away! So let's look lovely today <3

Clothes Note: Lace Shirt is Forever 21 (click here!), jeans are 7 For All Mankind, shoes are Wild Rose, sunglasses are Versace, bag is hobo status thing I've worn in all my pictures -_-

........................................................................................................................................................................
My Apology to a Flower

This flower is technically public property, right? I haven't committed a crime! My only crime is my buffness and immense strength T_T 





Such a girlie outfit but such manly arms...I'm so sorry, flower!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely top my Dear great blog kisses www.preppyfashionist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. :))
    If you want, follow me and I'll follow you back. :))

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tnx for your comment. :))

    Follow you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh lace is my absolute fave- your blouse is gorgeous! And love your title- it's so true!

    ReplyDelete